Summary Differences: Vought F8U/F-8 Crusader

You can't tell the players without a scorecard:


Comments

  1. Had the privilege of flight training with one of the “Blues” who was later killed preparing for an air show. We were in T-28’s, and our instructor, who had flown F-8’s, was determined we should shoot down the same pipeline. I was having difficulty clearing my ears after flights ending with “jet penetration” maneuver. The T-28 was unpressurized, while the F-8 was pressurized. Hadn’t done my homework, as that might have made a difference in my decision to go “low and slow.” Hence, a career in rotary wing I thoroughly enjoyed, but admittedly, often wonder where the venerable F-8 would have taken me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Taildspin. I'm paper scale modeler. Just found your blog and all infos about F-8. I'm fascinated with this aircraft and I'm going to draw my own paper project of F-8. Could you give me a hint where to search for a detailed drawings/plans?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. email me: tommythomason sbcglobal net (put @ and . in place of spaces)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

RF-8 Conversions

1/72nd F-8 Kit Review

F-8 Radome Comparisons